What are the benefits to being a chorister?
- Singing music by great composers in one of Oxford’s most famous buildings;
- taking part in services and concerts in Oxford and further afield;
- receiving lessons from an experienced singing teacher;
- making friends and getting to know new people with similar interests; and
- occasional opportunities to sing with the undergraduate College Choir.
This is an entirely free opportunity: robes, singing lessons and refreshments are all provided.
What is the time commitment?
- Monday: 4:00pm-4:30pm optional Theory Class; 4:45pm-6:00pm Rehearsal (refreshments available from 4:30pm)
- Wednesday: 4:45pm-5:55pm Rehearsal; 6:15pm-6:50pm Evensong
These are the core duties during school term. The choir will have occasional extra commitments during the Christmas and Easter holidays, for which advance notice will always be given.
Do I have to be religious?
There is no requirement to have experience of Anglican worship or traditions but families need to be comfortable with the Chapel’s Christian ethos and that the choir will lead both the said and sung parts of the service.