Merton’s tranquil beauty provides the perfect backdrop for some well-deserved relaxation after a long day of meetings. Conference delegates are welcome to
- Enjoy our magnificent, award-winning gardens
- Walk, run or jog through Christ Church meadow (directly behind Merton) and back along the picturesque banks of the Isis and Cherwell rivers
- Drop in the College Bar for a pint
- Play tennis or other sports in the College playing fields
- Go on a guided tour of Merton, including a look at the oldest continuously functioning library for university academics and students in the world (£5 per person)
- Visit Oxford’s many museums, galleries and historic attractions, including the Ashmolean Museum, Modern Art Oxford, and the Museum of the History of Science —all within walking distance of Merton
- Wander through the charming streets of Oxford city centre.
- Go to the Playhouse, Sheldonian Theatre, Holywell Music Room, or other local venue for a night of theatre or music
- Take an evening out in London: coaches between Oxford and London operate around the clock!
We are also happy to arrange parties and dances in the Merton sports pavilion, and can assist with the arrangement of other local activities, such as swimming, golf, and - that classic Oxford pastime - punting.