Conferences: Relaxing at Merton
Merton’s tranquil beauty provides the perfect backdrop for some well-deserved relaxation after a long day of meetings. Conference delegates are welcome to
- Enjoy our magnificent, award-winning gardens
- Walk, run or jog through Christ Church meadow (directly behind Merton) and back along the picturesque banks of the Isis and Cherwell rivers
- Go on a guided tour of Merton, including a look at the oldest continuously functioning library for university academics and students in the world (£5 per person)
- Visit Oxford’s many museums, galleries and historic attractions, including the Ashmolean Museum, Modern Art Oxford, and the History of Science Museum —all within walking distance of Merton
- Wander through the charming streets of Oxford city centre.
- Go to the Playhouse, Sheldonian Theatre, Holywell Music Room, or other local venue for a night of theatre or music
- Take an evening out in London: coaches between Oxford and London operate around the clock!