Can you contribute in a team-based environment, communicating effectively with those around you?
We are looking for a motivated, approachable and highly capable Bursary Clerk to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a variety of finance processes and systems, as well as supporting colleagues in the Finance Bursary.
In brief, your responsibilities will include:
- processing accounts payable invoices;
- responding to queries from suppliers;
- reconciliation of supplier accounts statements;
- generating BACS and cheque payments;
- processing battels (charges) to Fellows and other senior members of staff and chasing payments, as required; and
- answering enquiries from students, Fellows, staff and visitors at the Bursary counter.
You will bring a sound understanding of finance procedures gained from practical experience over recent years and excellent interpersonal skills.
The salary for this full-time appointment is from £25,000 to £28,000 depending on accounting knowledge and experience.
- 38 days' holiday including Bank Holidays;
- membership of the OSPS pension scheme;
- free meals whilst on duty;
- use of the fitness room;
- access to on-site parking; and
- private medical insurance.
To be considered for shortlisting, you will need to provide your CV and a covering letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the selection criteria listed in the further particulars.