As the restrictions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic start to ease across the UK, the college is preparing for the academic year ahead, and the planned return of our students. We continue to develop and implement procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of the whole College community, in accordance with government's guidelines and in concert with other colleges and the University.
- For the latest updates about the College’s preparation for the new academic year, see our Coronavirus FAQs
- Find out more about how the University of Oxford is supporting its communities, protecting the well-being of staff and students, and ensuring the long-term sustainability of its research and teaching endeavours.
- We are working to reschedule as many of our planned events as we can. However, visits and tours by the general public currently remain suspended.
- Our special online hub allows you to access Merton alumni publications, lectures, Chapel services and choir recordings, presentations and podcasts.
- Fellows, staff and students can access further information via our intranet.
You can keep up to date on Oxford’s world-changing Covid-19 research via the University's research hub; and we would encourage you to support Oxford’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the college
Welcome to Merton College, a vibrant and diverse intellectual community that has been at the forefront of education and research at the University of Oxford since 1264.