Mertonians making a difference
The Merton Fund provides an essential source of regular income for Merton, and supports core elements of College life.
- Undergraduate Student Support - The income from the Undergraduate Student Support Fund helps to pay for Merton-Oxford bursaries for undergraduates from low-income backgrounds who otherwise would not be able to afford to study at Oxford.
- Graduate Scholarships - Merton’s graduates are amongst the best in Oxford, but without funding for scholarships we shall continue to lose many of the very brightest to the competition in the US.
- Student Support Fund - The Student Support Fund provides vital money for all students who require support due to unforeseen hardship.
- Tutorial System - The Tutorial System is the bedrock of an Oxford education. Merton must be able to support and maintain this unique system, to ensure high-quality teaching for undergraduates.
- Buildings and facilities – It is essential that Merton can provide its students and Fellows with the proper space in which to study, teach and live. The College’s unique historic site needs constant maintenance and upgrade – your gifts will ensure that it is fit for use as a 21st-century college.
- Unrestricted gifts - Unrestricted gifts are also of great importance to the College, as they allow us to respond with flexibility to changing priorities.
Read more here about the projects your gift could support.
Participation is key
Participation at any level is crucial to the success of the Merton Fund. The ongoing, regular support of donors allows the College to plan for the future, and the cumulative effect of multiple smaller donations can be huge.
In 2016-2017, 985 Mertonians gave almost £550,000 in gifts under £25,000, and three quarters of that amount was made in gifts below £10,000. Thanks to every one of you who made a gift! It is heartening to see so many Mertonians engaged in supporting the work, research, and welfare of the people living and working at the College today, and we hope that many more of you will choose to lend your support again this year.
For more information about supporting Merton:
Add your support today
Make a regular donation to the Merton Fund via our online giving page from the UK | from outside the UK